Studies in New Monasticism
Beginning each fall, GOHOP facilitates a 9-month course for lay-leaders: Studies in New Monasticism. This internship aims to...
1.) assist interns in establishing rhythms of spiritual discipline
2.) offer training and in-life practical experience in the areas of prayer, mission, justice, creativity, hospitality on the margins, intimacy with God and community.
Over the 9 months interns will...
- read a book each month
- complete monthly in-life assignments which correspond to the relevant topic of study
- post reading reflections to an online forum
- attend bi-weekly potluck dinners where monthly assignments are discussed and where local guest practitioners share life experience related to the present topic of study
- spend 2 hours of prayer each week outside their own home
- receive 1 hour of spiritual direction each month
- attend a weekend spiritual formation retreat
- complete a final, self-initiated project related to one's own interest